What to bring to Pre-School
In Pre-School we play, we get wet, we get dirty, we go outdoors and we have fun (even in bad weather). We are learning to use the toilets, wash our hands independently and all of this can lead to wet or dirty clothing! To keep your child comfortable whilst they are with us it's important to send adequate spare clothes and other essential items in their bag.
- A bag such as a rucksack with PLENTY of changes of clothes including underwear, socks and a spare jumper or hoody. Please label EVERYTHING with your child's name! Thank you. This can be kept on your child’s peg.
- If your child wears nappies they will need to be provided by you along with wipes and nappy sacks. Please ensure a good supply of these are kept on your child’s peg in a labelled bag.
- A named water bottle with fresh water every day.
- A warm and waterproof coat, with a hat, scarf and gloves in the colder weather. A sun hat for hotter days in the summer. We will always try and provide opportunities to play outside, even in the winter, therefore warm layers are essential.
- Wellies are a good idea so we can jump in puddles and mud. These can be kept under your child’s peg.
- A packed lunch in a named box, if your child is staying for lunch. Please remember we are NUT FREE so please do not send nuts, or any food containing nuts including peanut butter and Nutella - thank you!
- Pre-School children get changed in the classroom for PE sessions in the hall. They will need a PE kit to be kept on their peg which includes some comfy and safe active clothing. Tracksuit bottoms/leggings or shorts along with a T-Shirt and sweatshirt is ideal.
Any medication including inhalers or EpiPens should be given to the Pre-School Manager. These will be kept securely in a safe place. If your child requires any other medication such as anti-biotics, we can help with this. Please note you will be asked to complete a consent form in the school office.