Our School Vision
At HCCPS, our children are at the heart of everything we do. It is therefore our aim to ensure that our children are:
Happy Confident Creative Proud Successful
individuals who are equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to thrive, not only in their learning, but in life too.
Our School Values
We foster the five principles of happiness, confidence, creativity, pride and success by holding the following values at the core of everything that we do.
Love of learning
- We provide engaging and purposeful learning opportunities that promote curiosity, creativity and critical thinking.
- Our curriculum includes rich and varied topics, which provide memorable learning opportunities that inspire our children.
- We equip the children with a broad range of skills and knowledge that prepare them for their next stage of education.
- Our staff are learners themselves; their outstanding teaching and our creative curriculum instills a life-long love of learning.
- We welcome the diversity of our school community and celebrate our similarities and differences.
- We know every child matters and value their individuality
- We pride ourselves on the support we offer to children with special educational needs and disabilities which allows them to thrive and realise their potential.
Sense of Belonging
- Our positive relationships with children mean they can express their feelings or worries with our staff.
- Our nurturing environment helps all pupils feel they belong so that they are able to develop their individual talents and abilities, and enjoy their time in school
- Our unique sense of community builds strong connections with our families and this provides the best foundation on which to support our children.
- We provide a safe environment for our children and families.
- We instil in our children the understanding that our actions can have both positive and negative consequences and we support our children to take responsibility for those choices and actions.
- We consider the feelings of others and we treat everyone with dignity and kindness.
- We set high standards of behaviour and lead by example - this is the same for both staff and children.
- We encourage all our children to have high expectations and to take pride in their work and accomplishments.
- Our children embrace challenge, developing the ability to work through difficulties whilst staying positive
- Our staff develop each child’s resilience and confidence, enabling them to take risks with their learning and have the confidence to make mistakes and learn from them.
And finally, we have FUN!
It makes us (and the children) want to come back the next day!