Welcome to our Reception web page!
On the Reception web pages you will find different areas below including:
- Weekly update - check in every Friday for the latest news!
- Blended Learning - for those children that are having to isolate during term-time.
- Home Learning - ideas to support learning at home.
- Diary Dates - important dates that we need to share.
If you would like to get in touch with us then please contact the office of the relevant site.
Cambourne Email - Blue@hardwick.cambs.sch.uk or telephone 01954 210070 Option 1
Hardwick Email - Office@hardwick.cambs.sch.uk or telephone 01954 210070 Option 2
As your child settles into school our primary focus has been on getting to know your child, helping them to familiarise themselves with their new classroom environment and learn the rules and routines that come with daily school life. We want them to feel safe and secure as quickly as possible and we want to learn about the things they like and are interested in. We do much of this through play, reading with and talking to your child. Most of their day is spent interacting with their new classmates, getting to know each other and learning through exploring and playing.
Please complete the 'All about Me' form together at home and return to us ASAP!
What your child will need to bring to school everyday...
- A book bag - we thank the PTA for kindly providing every child in Reception with a book bag!
- A clearly named water bottle.
- A clearly named waterproof coat. We spend a lot of time learning outside, whatever the weather, and so a warm winter coat is really important once the weather turns colder.
What your child will need to leave in school...
- A spare change of clothes, including pants and socks, in a clearly named bag. These will remain on their pegs.
- A pair of wellies in a clearly named bag. These will remain under their pegs.
On your child's PE day they will need to come to school in their PE kit and will remain in it throughout the day. PE will be taking place outdoors as much as possible and therefore children will need to be dressed for the weather. We ask that they wear the school PE white t-shirt or a plain t-shirt, navy/black tracksuit or leggings and a navy/black jumper. Trainers are required due to PE taking place outside.
Cambourne - Thursday
Hardwick - Monday and Wednesday