By the time pupils leave primary school we aim to develop pupils who:
- Are responsible, confident and creative users of technology, who apply computational thinking beyond the Computing curriculum.
- Become digitally literate and are active participants in a digital world.
- Know how to stay safe whilst using technology and on the internet, minimising risk to themselves and others.
- Understand and follow agreed E-Safety rules, and know who to contact if they have concerns, including the use of report buttons.
- Have repeated practical experience writing computer programs in order to solve problems, including logic & algorithms.
- Ask and answer questions through collection, analysing, evaluating and presenting data and information.
- Understand how digital networks work & the services they provide.
- Use search options effectively; understanding the need to evaluate the relevance of content.
The following website has some excellent computing activities for you to do with your child at home: