Reading, Writing and Phonics
- Reading together: research shows that children who are read to daily do better in all areas of learning. Don’t limit reading to bedtime stories– magazines, websites, catalogues, signs and recipes all provide opportunities for reading and discussion. Please read with your child every day!
- If your child brings home a book from the school library, please share and enjoy this with them, as it is a book that they would have chosen. Please read this to your child; it is not a book that we would expect your child to be able to read at this stage, rather to enjoy.
- If your child brings home a reading book from school, please listen to them read and write a quick note in their 'Reading Record' to let us know how they got on :-)
- Free online interactive decodeable reading books can be found on the Oxford Owl and Rising Stars Reading Planet websites:
- Oxford Owl: Sign in with own username and password: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- www.risingstars-uk.com/ Username: firstname.lastname@example.org Password: readingplanet2020
- For further information on reading and recommended websites, click on the link below which will take you directly to the English section on the school website