Year 5 and 6 English Tasks
Scroll down and watch 'Do I have power'.
Here are some ideas of what you could do for your English task today.
- Describe some of the scenes from the film such as the tumbledown house where the boy lives.
- Write about his 'powers.'
- Tell the story from the insects point of view.
- Use 'show not tell' to retell the narrative or to describe the creatures that he finds.
- Use personification to bring the insects to life.
- Write an internal monologue about the change at the end of the film.
- Discuss and write about 'What happens next?'
- Use similes, metaphors and personification to describe the storm.
- At the end of the film what are the insects saying to the boy.
Or if you'd like a bit more structure of what to do. You could try writing the conversation, using correct speech punctuation, between the boy and the skeleton.
Here are some helpful resources for using the correct punctuation when writing speech.