Handwriting & Finger Gym
"We use finger gym to make our fingers super strong, which will help us have wonderful writing."
- Encourage your child to be able to recognise and write their own name.
- In school we use name writing cards, you will find a copy of this in your pink phonics book.
- Encourage your child to engage in activities which strengthen their fingers and hands. We focus on this a lot in school and call it 'Finger Gym'.
- Playing with playdough, pegging up washing, picking up peas or peeling an orange are all excellent activities to strengthen your child's fingers, which in turn helps them to hold a pencil effectively and write.
- Click on the videos below for finger strengthening ideas and information on the correct tripod grip: