Understanding the World
Suggested activities to help children develop their knowledge and understanding of the world around them!
- Planting in the garden and talking about what plants need to grow
- Helping to prune plants
- Making binoculars out of toilet rolls and observe any visiting birds
- Make bird food
- Hunt for minibeasts
- Look through picture albums and discuss the people in the pictures and talk about special
- Play with mechanical toys.
- Let children take pictures of wildlife or flowers in the garden.
- Bake a cake, make jelly or melt chocolate to drizzle over fruit kebabs. Encourage your child to observe changes that happen to the food when it is cooked / refrigerated / melted.