When looking to support your child's learning at home, why not try some of these ideas:
- Play games together. Games which encourage turn taking are particularly helpful.
- I spy is a great game to play and starts the process of listening to the letter sounds at the start of words, which builds in with our phonics lessons, which we start later in the term.
- Alphablocks on CBeebies can support children as they start to take an interest in letters.
- Talk about what you see when you are out and about. Can your child tell you the names of things they see? Does your child recognise any letters
- Don't forget to use your pink phonics home learning book to recap the sounds and tricky words we have learned so far!