This week in year 2 maths we are learning about money. Use the work sheets below to help explore different aspects of this topic. To help children understand more about money you could also
- Get children to practise counting real money.
- Encourage children to sort and share money.
- Set up a shop in your home. Get children to make price labels and practise buying and selling toys, tins or other household objects.
- Let children use real coins when working out the answers to questions on the sheets. This is especially useful for the reasoning questions sheets.
- Play lots of maths money games on the top marks maths website https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/5-7-years/money
- Unfortunately white rose have not yet made any videos to accompany these worksheets, however your child may find watching some of the BBC Bitesize videos about money useful https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zp8dmp3/resources/1