Sports Day & Transition
This week we will be focusing on two topics - Sports Day and Transition. Your Y1/2 teachers are very sad to not be able to take part in these fun and important activities as we usually would but that doesn't mean you can't still have a fun Sports Day and prepare yourself for next year by reflecting on the year you've had. We hope you'll enjoy these activities even if we can't enjoy them as a class.
The Sports Day activities can be done gradually over the week or you could choose to host your own Sports Day using some of the ideas below:
- Choose your venue – your garden/ park/ community garden etc.
- Choose your sporting clothes
- Create your own sports day programme of events and activities. Remember to consider how long each event will be, who will compete, will there be heats, will there be points to add up etc?
- Come up with a sports day song
- Gather the equipment and lay it out as a rotation
- Will there be an area for spectators?
- Will the winner/winners receive a prize/ medal/ certificate?
Host your own Sports Day Pack
Extra Sports Day activities
Here you've got a variety of activities to work through at your own pace to help you think about the year you've had in Year 1 or 2 and some of the qualities you've developed which you could take into next year.